Monday, November 7, 2011

Weekend

This past weekend was great! It started out having Friday off! My good friend Abby and I went for a walk early that morning so I wouldn't be tempted to just go back to bed after Mike went to work. :) Afterwards, I went shopping around Eagle Grove for some gifts then up to Goldfield for doggie medicine. I was able to get some things done and picked up around the house... laundry, vacuuming, etc. Then I had to go to LIvermore for an in-home visit - so really I didn't have the whole day off, but mostly.

Saturday started wonderfully as well. Mike ended up working overtime, so we were up very early to get him down to Ames by 7. Then I headed off to Webster City to get a massage at 8. It was wonderful!! I hope I get to have another one soon :) Afterwards I wandered to the appliance stores in downtown WC to price out more refrigerators. We decided that's the necessity for the new house... not so much the OTR microwave or even the dishwasher.... those will have to come later. It's too bad these things cost SO much! I finally meandered home and Mom and I decided that it was just too dang windy and cold to work outside and we ventured off on a shopping day down in Gilbert and Huxley. Originally we thought we'd go to FD but there were some antique stores mom had found down south that sounded like more fun. So we met up with Mike after he got off work and continued shopping. Mom dropped us off at Mike's car and mike and I had a little date night.

We started off having supper out, which was crazy to do on a home game day, but we did it anyways. We went to Pizza Hut. Now, I NEVER complain about service, but I did this time and we got a free meal out of the deal. It was the worst service I've ever had. We weren't greeted when we came in, our seats were dirty, I had to get our own silverware, the food took forever, and they never brought Mike his drink back. I think there was more, but you get the idea. We finished up our night in Ames with a visit to Best Buy for printer ink, and we made a purchase we normally wouldn't, but since we had a free meal, we felt it was ok :) We bought Cars2. And it was pretty cute. At Lowe's we found our fridge on the clearance isle, so I think we're going to get that one. I feel really bad that we're not buying it from a local place, but we really couldn't afford not to get it. We'll hopefully be able to get our other appliances from the local stores. We got home around 11 or so and tried watching our move, but we only made it through the first 15 minutes or so.

Sunday morning we woke at 4:30 with the time change. So we watched our movie. We ventured up stairs, had some waffles and got chores done. When mom and Carl got home we went to an auction in Humboldt with my mom and bought some gardening tools, a hose real, and a clothes pin holder with the old style clothes pins. I'm very excited about that last one, because in our new place, I will finally have my clothes line I've wanted!! We made it back home around 4 and worked in the garden pulling more drip lines out until dusk.

I'm able to have some time to myself this morning because I'll be working a little late this evening. I really enjoy the flexibility of this new job. Well, I better run out and care for our chickens. HOpefully the ones in the tractor didn't freeze last night. It sure got chilly out.

No comments: