Sunday, November 23, 2008

Saturday Fun..... aka Work!






Yesterday was lots of fun and very very long. I started the day picking up our personal Share order along with about 60 other Stoughton families. A lot of people ordered food for their Thanksgiving holiday dinners. After that I buzzed off to Deerfield to start my work day. We bagged up lots of food and as you can see literally TONS of potatoes for our families. I am amazed at the number of people that turn out every year to help our local families. After we got the families taken care of, another team of people showed up at the Center to help me and Phil load up prizes for our 14th Annual Family Bingo Night. This fundraiser helps pay for our holiday baskets for our families. There was a phenomenal turn out this year. We had to put people out in the 2nd section of the commons area. This was such a boost for me as I have been struggling with being happy with where I'm at and knowing if what I do even reaches people in the community... this night showed me the power of networking and involving others in the community. This was truely a team work effort! This was the first time this has happened since I started and I really liked it.... I think I'll try asking people to help more often. :) It's not that I haven't asked people to help with stuff, it's just that this is the first time that it's actually worked. It was a great success and I'm glad that I work in Deerfield!

No comments: