Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Hello Fall







I figured I should probably write a blog today since it is my week "off" of work. There's much to be done this week! Re-packing things, getting the bank stuff all figured out, sell some of our chickens so we don't have to move all of them, do laundry, teach a class, run some meetings, take a class... wow that doesn't sound like a week off. :) Some of the pictures hopefully show how much work we have ahead of us before the snow flies! We invite all friends and family to come stay anytime ;)

Today I started out with getting the hubby out the door then watched the morning news with the dogs. In a bit I will bake cookies and cook the meal for my parent class then headed to Webster to teach. Tomorrow is mostly open just a few errands to run. Sounds like my father-in-law is able to help me fix Mike's dresser drawer... it has malfunctioned. I can't imagine why; it's never been moved. :)

It's hard to believe that the summer is already over. Mike and I have lived in IA again for an entire year. Exactly one year ago today I started my job and CFR... my how things have changed in one year. We delivered our last CSA's yesterday - well my mom did in Des Moines. It sounds like everyone really enjoyed their shares this year and is looking forward to next year. I think it will be great to have it on our own farm. My husband has decided that we need to brainstorm a name for our farm. It has a beautiful valley view - which is a rarity in Iowa, aka the flat land.

Well, I'm off to go bake and cook. I love days like this with the fog and cool chill in the air... I think it's Chili making season

No comments: